Rock Lake 

Activity Center

history and vision

How we came about. . . .


In 2004 the St. Paul Lutheran Elementary School went on the market. The building originally built in 1957, expanded in 1979 to a total of 24,000 square feet. It sits on a 1.4 acre site with an additional 2.25 acres of developable green spcae adjacent to it. Enclosed are a 2600 square foot gymnasium, full locker room, 12 class rooms, office and meeting space, and a large kitchen with cafeteria and dining space, dance studio, and tot room.


With financial support from the community, local businesses, and a financial agreement with Fort Health Care, the funds were raised to get the wheels turning and the doors open. As programming began to expand and grow, the board of directors of RLAC made the decision to purchase the property in April 2009. The property of 229 Fremont Street is now solely owned and operated by the Rock Lake Activity Center, Inc.


It is the mission of the Rock Lake Activity Center to positively affect the health and wellness of the community through quality programming and activities.


The mission and direction of the center is overseen by a board of directors made up of community members. Future goals include expanding programming in the areas of health, fitness, and the arts, the addition of an indoor pool, and improving the grounds.


As a 501c3 not-for profit organization, the center works to cover its costs through fundraising efforts, volunteer work, donations, memberships and enrollments. We would like to give a special thanks to the numerous individuals and businesses that have donated time and/or contributions in support of our mission.